Stipendija-Your World, Your Future
Young people, representing nearly 50 percent of the world’s population, have a major stake in the key decisions on global peace and security made every day at the Security Council. It is time for their voices to be heard. On December 21, the United States will chair an important Security Council Event entitled “Your World, Your Future: Voices of a New Generation” that will bring the 15 members of the Council together to debate three top ideas submitted by young people.
The U.S. Mission to the United Nations is accepting videos and written submissions from young people around the world who respond to the following question:
“What is the most vital challenge to international peace and security facing your generation? Tell the UN Security Council what issue you believe deserves more attention, and explain why it is important.”
* All text entries must be 250 words or fewer in length.
* All video entries must be 1 minute or less in duration and reside on the web (via link) or removable hard disk.
* Email attachments exceeding 1 MB of disk space will not be considered.
* Entrants must be between the ages of 13 and 21 at the time of submission.
* The country and age of each entrant must clearly be indicated in the body of the submission to be considered.
* Please also include your name (First, Last) and contact information, where you can be reached to inform you that your submission has been selected.
* This information will be used for the express purpose of selecting and notifying participants whose submissions have been chosen for consideration by the Security Council.
* Video submissions should be original and unpublished work.
* Submitted videos must be recorded in one of the six official languages of the UN Security Council – English, French, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, and Russian – or in any other language with English subtitles
- Emailed to email@example.com, or
ATTN: Voices of a New Generation
U.S. Mission to the UN, PPD
799 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Submissions will end on December 14, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time in New York. Any entry submitted after this time will not be accepted. Any video modified after the deadline will not be eligible.
EngleskiRok za konkurisanje:
(Izvor informacija: www.infostud.com, 10.12.2010.)
Last Updated (Friday, 10 December 2010 07:31)